Due to the continual hot weather conditions and time between races the committee have decided not to go ahead with the Coleambally race with our duty of care for the birds, we will look closely next year and may incorporate the race 3-4 weeks after the main race possibly 1st to 2nd week of September?? G Bell
The weather is too hot this weekend for the Coleambally race, the heat is from Pinaroo inland to Coleambally and is not moving away last chance may be Tuesday keep watching for outcome GBell
The Coleambally race weather permitting wiil be on Friday 9/10/15, at this stage it will be 9'C over night and 24'C in the day with light east winds we will hamper birds on the Wednesday evening and the hamper list will be on the website later that night, results will be on website Friday night, all flyers will be emailed and Fricky will phone all in the race. Thanks Geoff Bell
The Coleambally race will not go ahead this weekend due to very hot weather conditions, we are monitoring the weather daily to find a day around the mid 20 degrees celcius for the race, we use the weather sites below to check conditions and will let people know when the race will take place either by website, email and phone thanks. Thanks Geoff Bell
Hello All, (20/9/15)
We are planning the Coleambally race for Saturday the 3rd of October (or Sunday the 4th) depending on weather conditions, there are approximatly 70 birds still in the race as some owners have retrieved thier birds for breeding purposes. We are placing a $20 entry fee per bird and will divide prizemoney into 1st 2nd and 3rd, Fricky will transport and liberate for no extra costs, I will place the hamper list on the website on Friday evening 2/10/2015 and the results after the race any payments can be made by electronic funds transfer as per details on website or post to po box at Tailem Bend as before just mention Coleambally on transfer see under Contact and Payment Details
With Kind Regards,
Committee Member of the Wellington $10,000
We have app 100 birds that have been kept at Wellington for next years 700 mile race.
The birds will be sent to Coleambally with our birds in app 3 weeks time.
A couple of flyers have asked me to leave their birds home and not to send to Coleambally, if anyone else wishes this to apply to their birds give me a ring.
Also I have been asked to see if any flyers sending birds are interested in having a race with say $10 or $20 dollars nomination fee with all proceeds going to the first 3 place getters.
I am open to any ideas etc, there will not be any costs taken out of entry fees as I am taking our own birds.
If anyone is interested send email or ring me asap .
Regards Lyndon Frick.
There are approximately 190 birds home after the Booroorban race. The Committee have discussed the best scenario for flyers wishing to leave birds at Wellington for the 700 mile race next year for 2YO birds
There are two options for the birds .
Firstly they can be returned to owners / syndicates or they can stay for a 700 mile race next year.
I will be ringing everyone that we have as the contact for the birds in the next few days to find out what they wish to happen to their birds.
Any birds going to the 700 mile race will be sent with our club birds to a 500 mile race we are having at the end of September.
By sending the birds to 500 miles this year we will find out if they have the goods for the 700 mile race next year.
The 700 mile race next year will be from either Tasmania or near Enngonia NSW,QLD border depending on owners decision, all owners for this event will be able to suggest thier line for the race with the majority rules for race line determined
LYNDON FRICK LOFT MANAGER